Demand on our services
Over the past 12 months, we have seen a 22% rise in the number of referrals from statutory and voluntary agencies due to cuts in public funding, and we anticipate this will continue.
Annual cost of services
It currently costs £250,000 to run our charity each year. The majority of this comes from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland. 20% of our funding comes from Southwark Council. The rest comes from a number of small grants from trusts, foundations and our own fundraising.
Securing a more stable and sustainable financial future
Given today’s political and economic climate we are keen to become a more independent charity funded by our supporters and less reliant upon government funding.
The Way Forward
Our plan is to raise up to £1 million from individuals, business supporters and philanthropic grant makers to secure the special care we deliver to some of the most vulnerable and elderly people in our community.
During 2012 we will be working towards making SIPP a more self-sustaining charity by developing the following areas:
- A Major Donor Club contributing £300,000-£500,000 over 5 years, through large individual pledges
- Develop a Legacies Campaign- £100,000- £200,000 over 5 years, in planned gifts (such as gifts in Wills)
- Trusts & Foundations - £100,000- £200,000 over 5 years
- Develop Revenue Fundraising- £100,000 over 5 years
- Database: development of a “friends of” supporter base
We have negotiated a 5-year lease for our current building from Southwark Council to ensure security of tenure
We need the commitment of those who value SIPP and its work to make carefully considered gifts and pledges – and to persuade other, likeminded individuals and grant makers to give to the campaign.
- Tax effective cash gifts and pledges (over a suggested 5 year period)
- Gifts of shares (and other property)
- Gifts in Wills (and other planned gifts)
- Grants to specific areas of work
- Corporate sponsorship
SIPP’s charitable status means that all giving is tax effective.
SIPP needs to be successful, to ensure some of our most vulnerable pensioners enjoy the retirement they deserve in the final years of their lives.
We are passionate about achieving our vision for our pensioners and we hope you can join us in helping them.
If you would like to donate, http://www.justgiving.com/sipp or download our Gift Card.